Okay so everything didn't go well with admins instructions for me.
The instructions were missing some points.
Thats what I think that got everybody else confused since it Happened to me too. But hey, this will take about only 15 mins of your time The FIRMWARE works decently well with my Corby 2. But, I really do not see any differences.
The Procedures of Sir @Admin is Correct.
If your phone suddenly gets bricked (or so if that's what you call it, if you see that downloading to pc crap, or that press "0". THen you are still missing something.
From here on it worked for me and it should work for you guys too (Sigh, what a relief):
1. Follow the instructions of admin.
2. If it doesn't work, (you may or may not have an Asian Corby 2 Firmware installed. I really don't know) But please carry on reading the instructions. DONT PANIC!<<<<STILL AT THE DOWNLOADER V5.65>>>>>>
3. DOUBLE CHECK (see if you have the files placed at the right position)
4. NOW, add the file on the CSC and the SHP APP bar. I repeat. Add the files on the CSC and the SHP APP bar. (you should know the procedure of adding files since you have already placed the BOOT files, RSRC1 files, etc.)
5. Now press DOWNLOAD... Yes you will need to REDO the whole thing that you have done again. With the CSC and the SHP APP included this time.
6. Patience is a virtue, wait for it to LOAD.... If you have a slow PC or a net connection then have more PATIENCE
7. Look at your Corby 2, and if it reaches the home screen. You are done!!!!! Yay!
a. Make sure you have all the files needed
b. Make sure your USB cable is intact and will not fail you
c. You do not need to be a know it all to upgrade your firmware, just bloody read the instructions and all is well.
Here is the picture of my firmware using SAMSUNG KIES:
If it doesn't show up, follow this link:
(don't forget to add the http thing in the address)
Im from the Philippines